Health is nothing but a healthy state of mind which emanates from a healthy lifestyle and a healthy surrounding. Thus the healthiest place in India has to be bestowed with the choicest gifts of nature which have been able to stay unaffected despite the greed of the human race. The blessings that Mother Nature has bestowed on this country are inexplicable, and though modern Indian lifestyle has been able to corrupt many such places, some of them have managed to retain their originality in a form that makes the country proud.
· Mawlynnong is a small village in Shillong. It is famous for its cleanliness and natural attraction. The lake water is so clean that boats in it look like they’re in the air! Mawlynnong was awarded the prestigious tag of 'Cleanest Village in Asia' in 2003 by Discover India Magazine.
· Chandigarh is the best city to live in India and has the most impeccable surrounding that a place can dream of. The city is covered on most sides with lush green healthy forestation that ensures a continuous supply of fresh air and organic vegetables to the city.
· Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu is a spectacular place to live in terms of health and hygiene. Known for a number of temples and cultural tourism, the place witnesses an increase in tourist footfall each year. The magic of this place lies within the people of the city who are extremely devoted to their city and their way of life.
· Another jewel of a place that is worth mentioning in this list is Matheran. Nestled in the Western Ghats, the hill station has been well bestowed by nature. The reason that this place is worth living because there is no vehicular pollution in the city. As impossible as it may sound, the place restricts the entry of any vehicles within the city for the sole purpose of maintaining the place in its best kept form. Such efforts are bound to equip the place with healthy air and clean water. In addition to this, the altitude ensures good climate too.
· Malappuram in Kerala is one of its kind. Being the education capital of South India, the people of the city are well aware of the damage their actions might cause and therefore are constantly working to preserve the environment and promote a healthy atmosphere.
· Coorg with the surroundings that support ostentatious plantations in the state of Karnataka, possess a number of eco systems which have been established due to the inhabitation of a number of birds and animals which are both indigenous and migratory. The prevalence of such eco systems helps maintain the overall natural balance of the place thereby promoting a healthy climate.
EventusLife promotes cleanliness and wishes good health to all. We believe in joining hands together with the society and make each and every house of this country be like one of these places of India; making this country a better place to live in. However, illness is a part of our life and Eventus eases our lives by directing us to the right doctor through the EventusLife app, available on both Android and iOS platforms or through www.eventuslife.com. Let’s strive to make India the ‘Golden Bird’ it used to be yet again!
One of the greatest fears of old age is the number of ailments one might catch and among the worst of the diseases that one can stumble upon is Alzheimer’s. For those who are aware of this disease the name in itself creates the fear of the unsure future that lies ahead of us. This is a degenerative disease that starts slow but eventually worsens and as it worsens we become the most probable patient for dementia. This disease boasts of disrupting memory and other important mental functions. Most commonly found in ages above 60, the disease makes the life of the patient extremely uneasy by making him lose the capacity to perform basic functions throughout the day. The problem subsequently makes the family of the patient also suffer the state of the patient. Though there is no cure for the disease as yet, but an early detection might help ease some of the symptoms and the right prescription can slow down the progress of the disease. Certain signs that can be looked out for detection of the disease have been listed below
· Memory loss: The most primitive sign/symptom of this disease is that the patient has problems in remembering dates and events. The patient seeks help through setting reminders for tasks which were easily manageable earlier without any device. The more recent the information the harder it is to remember.
· Problem solving and planning are challenging: Keeping track of monthly bills and recipes that have been frequently used is a challenge and working with numbers is definitely a task beyond comprehension.
· Problems in daily life: When a patient is suffering from Alzheimer’s, he faces a challenge in completing even the most basic tasks throughout the day. Simple tasks like reading and following directions seem to require herculean efforts. Time and place lose their essence and more often than not the patient finds himself/herself lost in the middle of nowhere without any inclination as to how he/she got there and where he/she was going. The situation worsens with time and the patient cannot even differentiate between colours.
· Difficulty with the spoken and the written word: Conversations are difficult as the patient might frequently forget what was being discussed, or what was the point that he/she wanted to put across. Most of the vocabulary is lost.
· Misplacement of things an everyday routine: The patient might lose track of where they keep their things to the extent that they might even accuse people of stealing them. Retracing one's steps from or to a place are also almost impossible tasks.
· Decreased judgement: Less attention to oneself and extreme difficulty in decision making are also some of the magnanimous effects of this disease. Mistakes involving money are common.
· Introvert turn to social behavior: In the initial stages of the disease the patient draws back from social gatherings and events and prefers to stay alone. Keeping up with the favorite of the hobbies is also not possible for the patients.
· Mood swings: The patients may suffer from the constant change in mood, they may feel anxious one minute and fearful the next. In addition to same they are easily upset within their comfort zones with the people they love.
There are a number of symptoms that make the life of the patient and/or their family members extremely difficult but the technology today has somehow seemed to ease such discomfort. Some of the applications from Eventus are an example of how technology helps the patient cope with the disease. EventusLife maintains all the electronic records of the patient and their respective treatments, such records can be easily accessed from anyplace and does not require the patient to remember the details. The application also makes the life of the patient or the caregiver as they can search a doctor nearby or locate a pharmacist near to the patient’s home. For patients suffering from Alzheimer’s such technology is a boon.
Reach out to EventusLife at www.eventuslife.com
Download the app.
Click Here Android User: https://goo.gl/73hYhB
Click Here iOS User: https://goo.gl/MxGlFO
Diabetes is a lifestyle-related disorder that occurs when our blood glucose is uncontrolled or very high in our blood circulation1. India is second in the world with the largest number (approx. 70 million) of diabetic patients after China (approx. 110 million)2. The prevalence of diabetes in Indians is increasing day by day and health awareness is the primary step towards controlling and managing diabetes3. Hence, to control, prevent, and manage diabetes; the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Diabetes Federation (IDF) to enhance diabetes awareness established World Diabetes Day in 19914. The theme of World Diabetes Day 2017 is “Women and diabetes - our right to a healthy future.”
Diabetes in Women
One of the most common forms of diabetes in women is known as gestational diabetes. It occurs during pregnancy because of many hormonal, physiological, and metabolic changes, which leads to accumulation of high blood glucose or hyperglycemia. There is a great need for diabetes awareness in Indian women to prevent gestational diabetes5.
Diabetes Management in Five Easy Steps
1. Awareness: It is essential to control and manage diabetes, especially in pregnant women (gestational diabetes) and older age groups. Diabetes should not be ignored. Diabetes can affect anyone at any age. Juvenile diabetes is becoming more common day by day and hence children and young adults are more prone to diabetes due to lifestyle choices. We are now days more prone to eating junk food and live a very sedentary lifestyle.
2. Balanced diet: A balanced diet for the diabetic patient should be full of fibrous content, low calorie food, fruits, vegetables, sprouts, low fat milk or skimmed milk and low sugar-containing products. In general, people know that rice and rice containing products should be replaced with wheat containing food. This is a myth as wheat contains equal amount of carbohydrates, which might be harmful for diabetic patients. We should follow the diet chart prescribed by a doctor or dietician.
3. Yoga & Walking: Daily walking for at least half an hour is essential to maintain a good Body Mass Index (BMI) and blood glucose level. Exercises such as movements of all body parts, Suryanamaskara, Trikonasana, Bakrasana, Bhujangasana, and Savasana are some yoga asana, which helps in self-management of diabetes.
4. Meditation: Stress is the number one risk factor for diabetes and related diseases such as heart attack. Very busy schedules, poor work life balance, living on junk food, irregular food timings etc. are more prone to develop diabetes. If stress is reduced, it balances all hormones, including insulin and reduces the chances of diabetes and related co-morbidities; obesity, hypertension and heart disease. Meditation along with deep breathing exercises for just 40 minutes is the best way to control stress and diabetes.
5. Monitoring & Checkups: Blood sugar monitoring and adherence to regular medical checkups are also effective methods for management of diabetes. Early diagnosis and treatment of diabetes will help in controlling diabetes through oral medications to maintain a healthy life ahead.
Helping Hand of Eventus
Diabetes is a silent killer but diabetes if under control will help you lead a normal life. Diabetes medications as prescribed by the doctor should be taken regularly without missing any dose. Eventus provides you the access to best healthcare professionals, doctors, dieticians etc. We also help you to locate the nearest chemists and laboratories that will help you with regular monitoring as well as delivering prescribed medicines at your doorstep at discounted rates. You can reach out to Eventus at www.eventuslife.com to help you maintain good health.
For a woman, getting diagnosed with breast cancer is a dark period. Every woman dreads the day she notices a lump or an abnormality in her breasts, for she knows that the road ahead is a labored one. No matter how much every woman would not like to be part of this vicious circle, more and more women are falling prey to this predator.
Nearly a million new cases are reported each year worldwide, making breast cancer the 5th highest reason for death amongst women. Ironically, more cases are reported from developed nations due to high presence of factors leading to it, while a higher death rate due to breast cancer are recorded in developing or underdeveloped nations due to lack for medical facilities in these nations.
Noticing the rising trend of the disease, the need to acknowledge and battling it becomes imperative for every woman. Here’s a quick look at the various factors that are involved in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
The first sign is the most vital one. It is really important for women to keep a regular check on their breasts and notice any abnormalities that may be growing. Even the smallest sign should compel a visit to the doctor. Some of the symptoms that one needs to keep an eye open to are:
At the first sign of any abnormalities in the breasts, get a full check-up done. Besides the physical check-ups, doctors and clinics use an array of technological tests that help in diagnosing the degree and impact of the disease. Depending on the condition of the abnormality, the doctor would advise you one of these tests:
With your diagnoses concluded, comes the challenging part. Determining what stage the breast cancer is in. Typically there are 4 stages, one of which you might unfortunately land-up in.
Depending on which stage one might be in, your doctor will advise the treatment accordingly. Discuss all treatment options before you make a decision. Take a second opinion if required. The treatment options available to cure the extent of your cancer tumor are:
The information provided herein is good to know in case you fall prey to this disease. It is just a summary of the roadmap of things to come and the detailed discussion that you will have with your doctor. If you don’t have one, look-up the right doctor on EventusLife App, available on both Android and iOS platforms or on www.eventuslife.com.
Last, but not the least, don’t lose hope. Stressing about your condition
won’t help a bit. The idea is to stay positive throughout this demanding
Till now, we think that hand washing is just an essential sanitation to clean the hands and prevent oneself from diseases, but what is it actually? It is a matter of global celebration. Don’t be surprised! It’s the truth! Since 2008 we are celebrating Global Hand Washing Day on 15th of October.
According to the survey done by UNICEF, every year around 3.5 million children die because of diseases like diarrhea and pneumonia caused due to poor sanitation.
Handwashing with soap is an easy, persuasive, and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives. According to a study, handwashing decreases the risk of diarrhea up to 50%.
UNICEF initiated various programs to increase awareness of benefits of hand sanitation among school children and their parents. It was noted that handwashing with soap reduces the incidence of leaves from school because of pneumonia in children by 50% and diarrhea by 30%.
UNICEF was able to create a good impact on the society leading to:
WHO suggests ideal steps to wash hands:
‘Our hands, our future’ the theme of Global Handwashing Day 2017, states that good health is in our own hands, hand washing protects our own health, and builds our future. Handwashing with soap or disinfectant works a vaccine which protects us from infections and other diseases which spreads through contaminated hands.
To promote the significance,
benefits, and practice of handwashing with soap, as well as supporting access
to and improving hygiene facilities will aid us to work towards a future where
that potential is realized. However, If you still need to consult a doctor or
order disinfectants and medicines from a chemist; Eventus life is by your side
to provide you access to the best doctors and chemists near you. Please visit
our website www.eventuslife.com or
download our app for quick help.
Swine flu (H1N1 influenza infection) is a respiratory disease which is caused by the influenza virus. It is a highly contagious disease that has spread from infected people to healthy people. In 2017, swine flu cases have been rapidly rising as compared to last year (2016) and high morbidity and mortality have also been observed.
Swine Flu cases rise due to the following reasons:
1. People are not naturally immunized against H1N1 influenza A virus strain.
2. H1N1 Influenza A virus transmits via air from an infected patient to a healthy person. So it is difficult to prevent and control infection due to its rapid spreading and multiplying capability.
3. H1N1 Influenza A virus becomes more virulent and adaptable due to rapid antigenic shifts and drifts changes.
Types of Swine Flu
Commonly human influenza type A and B virus strains cause a widespread incidence of swine flu infection.
Global recent data of Swine Flu cases
WHO Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) recently (September 3, 2017) reported that 87.5% patients were influenza A positive while 12.5% patients were influenza B positive of 79 countries. It means HINI influenza A virus strain is more virulent and dangerous as compared to influenza B virus strain.
Control of Swine Flu cases
Vaccination: WHO recommends flu vaccine yearly for all health professionals and it should be used by the public too. It has been observed that no vaccine provides 100% protection to flu infection but about 70% to 80% efficacy rate has still been achieved.
Personal Hygiene: It is important that people adhere to personal cleaning, repeated hand washing with soap and antiseptic, and avoidance of infected patients. H1N1 infected patients should cover their mouth and nose to protect others.
Advice for infected patients: People infected with swine flu with confirmed H1N1 influenza An infection are advised to remain in the hospital or home and avoid traveling for at least 7 days.
Use of Face masks: The FDA has cleared the following N95 respirators for use by the general public. Facemasks and N95 respirators do not provide complete protection from airborne germs and other contaminants. They are one part of an infection-control strategy. Facemasks should not be shared. Facemasks and respirators may become contaminated with germs (viruses and bacteria) that can be spread between people. After removal, it should be disposed of properly followed by washing hands thoroughly.
Pasture F550G Respirator
Pasture A520G Respirator
Chemo-prophylaxis: Patients with high risk of H1N1 infection should take antiviral medicines for treatment as prescribed by a registered doctor to control life-threatening complications presented by the disease.
If you need to consult with a doctor or get medicines of Swine Flu, go to www.eventuslife.com to find some of the best doctor’s available in your area.
Diwali is a festival that brings lights, joy, contentment, togetherness, a holiday from work, and best of all - tempting and delectable sweets and food. Diwali is a time when everyone indulges in binge eating without any fear of health, diet, and fitness. But we are concerned about you and here are some tips on how to stay healthy during Diwali. Have a look at these tips which will help you to stay healthy during Diwali.
Go for Low-fat & Low-sugar Ingredients:-
We buy or prepare sweets at our home for Diwali, so instead of using the usual white sugar why not opt for brown sugar, maple syrup or sugar-free alternatives for making ladoos, barfi, and kheer. You can also use raising, dates, coconut sugar, honey, fruits, nuts, and dark chocolates to please your sweet tooth. Isn’t that cool! Choose the ingredients carefully, opt for the one which has low quantity of fat and sugar.
Use less Oil:-
As we know in Diwali we all cook deep fried food like puri, kachori, samosa, etc in excessive oil. Excess of oil means high cholesterol which in turn would lead to heart problems in the longer run. So, to keep the heart of your loved ones healthy, you should cook food in limited oil or go for low-cholesterol oil such as rice bran oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, groundnut oil, edible almond oil or canola oil.
Stay Hydrated and Fiber-ated:-
This is one of the best ways to keep you away from calorie intake. Drink a glass of water half an hour before eating as water will make your stomach partially full, you will eat less and therefore will intake lesser amount of calories. At the same time, fiber-rich food will help in cutting down calorie count. Hence go for food which contains more fiber such as fruits, nuts, organic jaggery and honey.
Eat as per Advice:-
We know its festival time and no one thinks about diet, but we suggest that you continue to be conscious about what you eat. Choose the food which will help you stay healthy; avoiding an extra workout session after the festival!
Eat in Smaller Plates:-
Pick a small plate to eat, as a small plate holds a smaller portion thereby helping you to eat lesser. Try not to take a second serving! Avoid junk food like samosa, pakora, pizza, and burger. Instead go for main course items like lentils, cottage cheese, and a plate full of salad. If you realize that you have already consumed an excess of calorie then skip your dinner to balance it out and go for buttermilk or carb fat-free food like tofu, soy milk, or a soy-based protein food.
Engage yourself in physical activity:-
Keep yourself busy in physical activities like dancing, cleaning your house before Diwali, helping your family and friends in decorating their/your house, walking, swimming, and cycling which will enhance your metabolism and burn your excess calories.
We hope these tips will help you in picking up the astute choices and you stay healthy during the festival of lights. With a busy schedule, you might not have time to go to the chemist for your regular medicines and waiting at the doctor’s clinic is too time-consuming. Eventus life app helps you address this challenge. In just one click, book an appointment with your doctor and/or get home delivery of your medicines. Reach out to Eventus at www.eventuslife.com and download our app.
Click Here Android User: https://goo.gl/73hYhB
Click Here iOS User: https://goo.gl/MxGlFO
Eventuslife wishes you sparkling and safe Diwali.
World Food Day is celebrated as the founding day of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations; founded in 1945.To promote worldwide awareness, approximately 150 countries around the world have come together to join in the mission to take action against hunger, ensure food safety and healthy diet for all. The theme of World Food Day October 16, 2017, is to “Change the future of migration and invest in food security and rural development”
It is very surprising to know that of the around 2.1 billion people in poverty worldwide, approximately 800 million hungry people live in rural areas. Poverty and lack of awareness leads to malnourishment and hence, in turn, leads to many nutritional deficiency diseases. The Indian Government has addressed the issue of hunger by providing mid-day meals in all schools as a mandatory service to all school going kids in rural India.
The financial and economic crisis has a major impact on the poor nutrition prevalent in developing countries. The farmers are unable to grow good quality food and hence use chemicals to increase their production; which in turn makes the food harmful and susceptible to many diseases. This does not apply necessarily to the rural areas alone but also to people in urban areas who do not get complete nutritious food at meal times. We often come across worrying information such as hormones being injected to make vegetables grow bigger, or artificial ripening of fruits etc. This compels us to think whether any of the food we are eating is safe. Over the long run, we may face negative consequences of nutritional deficiency diseases such as delayed growth in children, problems in eyesight etc. The Government of India and agricultural organizations have taken prompt actions to move the inorganic agriculture to organic cultivation and India has succeeded to make Sikkim a complete organic agricultural state in the country. This is a remarkable move towards better health!
HELPING HAND OF EVENTUS:-
Eventus advises you to consume a healthy, balanced and nutritious food. We provide you the access to best healthcare professionals who can guide you regarding nutrition required for your body and growth. We also help you to locate the nearest local chemist who can provide you with the prescribed nutrition supplements at your doorstep. Let’s take the pledge to move ahead to accomplish World Food Day mission and spread the message “Eat to Live – A Balanced & Nutritious Diet”. You can reach out to Eventus at www.eventuslife.comtowards good health and make this planet a better place to live in.
Ever wondered how the SUN has always been such a boon to us, indispensable to our survival and yet without any adverse effects? The truth is that we owe our survival on this planet despite its proximity to the sun, without experiencing its contravening side, to the prevalence of the ever important Ozone layer. A single molecule of this gas is formed using three of oxygen, and this single molecule has the unparalleled quality of absorbing the harmful UV rays emanating from the Sun. If not for this thin layer of gas in the stratosphere of this planet all exposed life forms on the planet would be under a potential damage. These UV rays have the capacity to generate skin cancers, immunity suppression and cataracts among human and with respect to the animal kingdom such rays affect their fertility and decrease the viability of their offspring, even in plants these rays hamper the growth.
The only fact currently promising our doom is the depletion of such crucial layer within our atmosphere. Such depletion can cause catastrophic changes in our environment and ecosystems. Thus, it is imperative to seek ways to ensure that this layer does not deplete. Some of the means that can be practiced by the layman have been listed below:
● One of the main reasons for the depletion of the ozone layer is through the man-made halocarbon refrigerants such as CFCs, as they break the ozone molecules and turn them into oxygen. Such harmful chemicals are mostly contained in halogenated hydrocarbon-based fire extinguishers, aerosol products like hair sprays and deodorants and pre-1995 refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers. To avoid such hazardous act on our part, we should avoid the use of the above-listed products and switch to better and more Eco-Friendly substitutes.
● Driving less or decreasing the use of private vehicles. Vehicular emissions result in smog, which eventually becomes the culprit in depletion of the ozone layer. Therefore as far as possible private vehicles should be substituted with public transport, walking or carpooling. Preferring the local produce of a maximum number of products will also lead to less pollution been generated through the transport of such products and eventually a decrease in vehicular emissions.
● Limit the use of pesticides. The pesticides that we come across in our everyday life are formed using chemicals which are responsible for the emission of CFCs and therefore the use of such pesticides increases the emission of such chemicals in the atmosphere.
● Another one of the most dangerous chemicals that leads to the depletion of the ozone layer is the Nitrous oxide. This chemical is basically let into the atmosphere during the decomposition of organic matter. Thus the use of such decomposed material is extremely unhealthy for the environment and hence we should avoid the use of fertilizers and consume less of meat.
The compliance of the above said points would be our share to protect the environment. We should practice and spread the knowledge about the same to as maximum an extent as possible, as it is crucial to our survival on this beautiful planet.
Vaccines are essential to maintaining community health, especially in babies. They are cost-effective, safe and used to prevent life-threatening diseases. But sometimes vaccines don’t work in babies due to any of the following reasons.
1. Immune suppression
A pre-existing disease in pregnancy may be one of the causes that certain vaccines do not work with new-born babies. HIV, neonatal herpes simplex, and syphilis are some of the infectious diseases which can be transferred from an infected mother to baby. These infections may suppress a baby’s immune system and due to this, the vaccine may not work properly.
2. Premature birth
Premature babies cannot cope with vaccinations properly because their bodies are undeveloped. An undeveloped immune system and body organs makes the vaccination conditions unfavorable to give effective results.
3. Maternal antibodies
The presence of maternal antibodies may inhibit the development of the infant humoral response to both live and dead vaccines and it can be the reason why a vaccine may not work properly. The best-studied example for the inhibition of vaccination by the maternal antibody is measles vaccination in babies.
4. Vaccination Schedule
A vaccine doesn't work properly if a booster dose does not complete or if there is variation in the vaccination schedule. The important thing which needs to be taken care of is that optimal protection may not be achieved until the series of vaccines or booster dose are given at the right time.
5. Time intervals between vaccine doses
The vaccine will not work effectively if one live vaccine is administered soon after another because the first live vaccine will neutralize the effect of the second live vaccine. So it is important that minimum time intervals or gaps should be maintained for all vaccines to work effectively.
6. Route of administration of vaccines
Route of vaccination plays a very important role. For example, in the case of vaccines containing an adjuvant of pneumococcal and hepatitis it should be administered into the muscle mass otherwise it will not work.
7. Malnutrition and chronic diseases
It is noticed that babies with malnutrition may not be able to respond effectively to vaccines. The immunology of malnutrition is associated with impairments of the immune system. Also, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pneumonia are some chronic diseases which deteriorate a baby’s health conditions and immunization capacity.
8. Sickle cell disease and auto-splenism
Sickle cell disease and auto-splenism also hamper the effect of vaccination. Babies with sickle-cell anaemia are more prone to infectious diseases and due to complications of sickle cell anaemia and auto-splenism, the baby’s immune system does not respond to vaccination.
9. Nephrotic syndrome
Nephrotic syndrome is one of the most common paediatric renal disease. Most babies do not get protective immunity through vaccination, antimicrobial prophylactic and antithrombotic therapy in nephrotic syndrome due to their weaker immune system.
10. Issue with vaccine storage and its administration
Appropriate storage and handling of vaccines along with right administration techniques are necessary to get good results and if these things are not followed properly then vaccines will not work effectively, which can be one of the reasons for the failure of a vaccine especially in babies.
If there is one thing that a person who is unwell requires, it has to be the humble and caring attitude of the people attending to him/her. Therefore, it is of prime importance that patients should have a good experience at the hospitals. Technology might have made the goal of achieving patient satisfaction easier to reach but the right approach is imperative to ensure that a patient has a positive experience when visiting a hospital. A good episode of the patient at the hospital is beneficial not only to the patient's health but also to the hospitals, which are in the business of treating customers. There are a number of ways which can help the hospitals improve the customer experience at the hospitals, some of them are listed below:
1. The personal touch: Technology might have taken over systems almost everywhere including hospitals, but still the one-to-one human experience has not been beaten yet. A patient appreciates nothing more than good care and that can be given only by humans by means of politeness and respect.
2. Presenting a combined front: When a patient visits the hospital, he/she is there to visit the organization of which all the personnel are a part of and would never like to traverse from one being to another in search of the right person to contact regarding the problem. So, all the personnel in the hospital must consider attending to the patient as their foremost duty, irrespective of the department they belong to. The staff should consider the condition of the patient and not cause him/her further distress. If the patient contacts the wrong staff, he/she must be ushered or appropriately directed to the right destination.
3. Comfortable environment: If a patient visits the hospital, it is sure that the person is in some form of discomfort; such discomfort must be addressed rather than enhanced by the infrastructure of the place. Therefore, enough care should be given to the infrastructure of the hospital to ensure that each wing has its own amenities which would soothe the discomfort of their respective clients.
4. Convenience: The patient is already ailing with some problem, and should not be expected to wait in long queues or re-narrate their issues. Today’s technology provides us with certain systems such as prior appointment booking systems, proper queue management systems as well as the digital maintenance of records that must be imbibed by the hospital to ensure the maximization of patient convenience.
5. Empathize: Patients might feel uncomfortable in describing the disease and its symptoms; therefore the staff and the doctors must provide the patient with psychological assurance and comfort to open up about the same. If the patient feels comfortable in talking to the personnel at the hospital, he/she would be able to discuss the problem in a better manner which would surely lead to a better experience and a better diagnosis for the patient.
The above said pointers will not cure the patient of the disease, but they will make the patient feel less stressed about their problem and in turn work for the benefit of the patient and the hospital as well.
If you’re looking for a hospital management system to help improve your processes and patient experience please visit the Eventuslife.
With the rising temperatures each year the problems that are related to such heat have also elevated to new levels. The most common and the most dangerous among these heat related problems is the probability to catch a heat stroke. A heat stroke is a condition wherein the body’s internal temperature rises to 104 degree Fahrenheit or above. This condition is basically a result of being exposed to high temperatures for long periods of time usually in combination with dehydration, which leads to the failure of the body’s temperature control system. The common symptoms of catching a heat stroke are nausea, confusion, disorientation, head ache, sometimes the loss of consciousness and even the dropping of the body into a coma. A heat stroke can kill, or cause extensive damage to the brain or other internal organs of the body, and thus an instant first aid is suggested in case of the problem.
The problem of a heat stroke is much more severe than expected, in India heat strokes are the second deadliest natural calamity after lightening. There has been considerable rise of 61% in the deaths that have occurred due to a heat stroke in the past decade. Andhra Pradesh takes the lead in number of the deaths closely followed by telangana. According to the Hindustan times, solely the month of May 2017 witnessed the death of 1,100 people in India out of which 852 were from Andhra Pradesh only.
Medical help should instantly be seeked in case of a heat stroke, but till the medical help arrives there are certain things that can be done to ensure that the damage done by the condition remains controlled to its minimum. A certain list of the first aid actions that can be performed is given below:
All the above said actions are mere first aid and a doctor must mandatorily be consulted in spite of the above mentioned actions to make sure that the damage is controlled and cured at the right time.
Reference link to the numbers mentioned:http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/61-rise-in-heat-stroke-deaths-over-decade-across-india/story-UPCxZAVYZXjJ1xyjdwtxQL.html
Come the season of monsoon and we are plagued with the dooming sense of discomfort, the discomfort that comes from even the sight a mosquito, the discomfort of consequences of a single mosquito bite and most of all the discomfort of having to come across the constantly rising number of patients plagued with Dengue and Chikungunya. The only solution to such discomfort being prevention of diseases to as maximum an extent as possible. But to evaluate the precautions we understand both the diseases first:
Dengue: The virus infection that spreads through the bite of an Aedes mosquito. The symptoms being high fever, severe headache and muscle/joint aches. Being a viral infection the disease cannot be controlled through antibiotics but an early detection and ample rest can help manage the disease a little. The best cure for the disease being precaution.
Chikungunya: This viral infection is spread through the bite of the Albopictus mosquito. The primary symptoms of the disease being severe joint pains with fever. Again there is no specific medication prescribed for this disease and thus the best cure becomes prevention of the disease.
Once the concept of these diseases is understood, we see that the best solution to the problem is its prevention. Listing here are some steps that will help prevent both the diseases dengue as well as chikungunya.
Mosquitoes usually become most active in the monsoon season. So, as soon as the season starts ensure to get the insecticide or larvicide spray done in and around the probable areas mosquitoes could breed as it is going to drone out a number of mosquitoes and thus provide protection.
Mosquitoes are most prone to breed in standing waters, so the primary step to avoid mosquitoes is to eliminate any standing waters. These standing waters can be found anywhere like planters, pots or any place that can hold a puddle of water.
Most probable to breed in rainwaters, these little beasts should be avoided by taking precaution against any puddles of rainwaters.
Mosquitoes being weak fliers can easily be shooed away with the slightest blowing of the wind. So when planning to dine out or relax in the open, make sure you install a fan which would push the mosquitos away.
Ensuring complete personal protection against mosquitoes is important, therefore personal mosquito repellants containing DEET can be used for treating the clothes during a wash. Natural mosquito repellants like eucalyptus oil and oil of lemon can be helpful too.
Leaving the least skin exposed would help protect the covered parts from any attack from the mosquitoes. So, whenever the weather permits try wearing pants, full sleeved shirts and socks to minimise the risk.
It is important to ensure protection during your sleep. Therefore, the use of air conditioning, mosquito repellants and mosquito netting is suggested in the night.
When it comes to the kind of diet that can be taken to prevent such diseases, a daily intake of Giloy is prescribed. The wonder herb by the name Giloy is known to prevent any fevers and body aches. This herb is an excellent blood purifier and a sure thing to break chronic fevers. The herb can be taken by boiling it in water and then drinking the same water or by having the Giloy capsules easily available in the market. This herb is extremely effective and is without any adverse side effects.
The above said precautions would reduce the risk of getting these diseases, but if in spite of the precautions, you develop a fever or any of the above mentioned symptoms, contact a doctor at the earliest and get yourself tested against dengue/chikungunya. To view a list of reliable doctors in your area visit www.eventuslife.com and book an appointment with your prefered doctor or order medicines from your local chemist with free home delivery and discounts from www.eventuslife.com.
With binge eating becoming a part of our lifestyle we are unknowingly adding oodles of extra flab to our body. This careless act on our part is spreading obesity like a wildfire among modern generations. And how are we fighting the same? Well we are starving ourselves to make up for all those extra cheese burgers we gobbled up one day. But do you know starving causes an extreme fluctuation in our body nutrients leading the way for other serious ailments to affect our low in immunity body!
The primary thing which people need to comprehend is that weight loss can’t be achieved overnight. It requires patience and a perfect admixture of a carefully laid out diet and regular exercise. We at Eventuslife have come up with a few weight loss tips which can help you lose up to 10 pounds in a month.
One pound of body weight sums up to 3500 calories. So in order to lose 1 pound you need to cut down your diet by 3500 calories. For achieving the same you can start by reducing intake of 500 calories on a daily basis to achieve your weekly target of 3500. Replace bigger meals with more regular smaller portions.
Weight gain goes hand in hand with a few delicious food items like processed foods, energy drinks, rice, pasta, bread, potato chips, sodas and candies to name a few. Thus staying away from these lip smackers would surely help you out in fighting your weight issues.
Drinking minimum 8 glasses of water not only detoxifies and hydrates our body but also acts as a healthier supplement to aerated drinking sodas. Water fills in our belly and minimizes our hunger cravings. You can sometimes sip in lime and orange juices as a calorie free yet tastier option compared to plain water. Green tea which is slowly becoming a rage amongst health freaks can also be tried out.
Nothing beats exercising when it comes to sweating out for shedding those layers of fat. Be it cardio training or plain squats they can stimulate weight loss as well as increase our metabolism speed which fosters faster burning of calorie.
In case intensive workouts don’t get you motivated, then brisk walking can set the ball rolling for you.
A heartwarming smile holds the power to completely alter someone’s perception about you. Thus it’s our foremost job to look after the welfare of our pearlies as surely a toothless grin won't impress anyone much!
Why do we need them?
Ask us about the importance of teeth and we will hand over an endless list. From chewing food to pronouncing various types of sounds with utmost perfection, conveying our feelings via talking and last but not the least providing a perfect edge to our facial features – teeth act as silent pillars of support. It’s true that we don’t value them much but thinking of sustaining without them is sure to give anyone their worst nightmare.
Where can it go dangerously wrong?
To begin with, it can get painful – really painful. Tooth decay can cause the requirement for crowns and fillings. Left untreated the decay may spread to the nerves causing abscess in the long run, the solution being uprooting of the entire tooth or root canal treatment.
Gum disease when left untreated can cause loss of bone around the teeth. However this can be prevented in advance by following proper oral hygiene and regular checkups.
Just a small change in your lifestyle can bring you a step closer to healthy living. Getting a healthy and happy mouth is no rocket science. Anyone can achieve the same by adhering to some simple procedures which have been discussed below:
Brush your teeth twice a day after big meals using fluoride toothpaste.
Make sure your toothbrush has round ended, multi tufted, soft to medium nylon bristles for extensive gum care. The brush head needs to be of a small size so that it can get extensive reach into all the corners of your mouth.
You must change your toothbrush every 3 months as it becomes less effective with time.
Cut down on sugary snacks and aerated drinks which are the ultimate nemesis of your white beauties.
Use dental floss or interdental brushes to clean the space in between your teeth at least once a day.
Pay a visit to your dental expert on a regular basis to avoid bigger mishaps. They can help remove build ups on your teeth and cure gum decay. You can get the contact details of some of the best dental care experts in and around your locality from our web portal www.EventusLife.com.
Act now if you want to hold on to that effervescent smile. Take proper care of your teeth today and say hello to a healthier tomorrow.
The monsoons bring in a whole lot of excitement and refreshment that helps people drive away the summer heat. It’s a change welcomed by most, even from those who do not like to get their feet wet. However, the change of season also brings with it a lot of uninvited elements, like water borne diseases and ailments, which are more likely to affect us due to low immunity during the season. Here are some healthy tips that can help you stay healthy and enjoy the monsoons this year.
AVOID STREET FOOD
With monsoons, everyone develops a taste for savory snacks like the gol-guppas, bhajiyas and other mouth watering chaats. However, the water used in the preparation of these delicacies by the local vendors is quite questionable, and should therefore be avoided during the rainy season. If you still feel the craving, have some home-made snacks instead.
CARRY YOUR OWN WATER
Avoid drinking water from taps outside or other watering points as water borne diseases are at peak during the monsoons. Carry your own bottle of RO purified or boiled water as much as you can. If not able to do so, make sure that you buy bottled water from reliable vendors. Also avoid drinking shakes and juices from outside.
EAT LIGHT FOOD
Make sure that you eat sumptuous yet light meals during the monsoons. Deep fried and spicy foods are rich in salts and cause water retention, acidity and indigestion. Try lighter home-made foods like fresh fruits & salads, moong daal, khichri, corn and oatmeal that help with an easy digestion.
LOW IMPACT EXERCISES
The monsoon season is high in humidity levels and therefore leads to a water drainage from the body. So, if you are a regular fitness person, try avoiding the high intensity exercises and gym session. You can follow a light regime like yoga, swimming and stretching to avoid excess drainage from your body, while maintaining that healthy streak.
CARRY RAINCOATS &
Rains in India are unpredictable and erratic to say the least. Make sure that you carry your required protection while stepping outside your home or office. Stay drenched in rain for longer periods can fluctuate body temperature. Several compact raincoats and umbrellas are available in the market that are easy to carry and can keep you sheltered from the rains as you enjoy its beauty.
We usually associate the word Yogasan with burning out those extra calories. But that’s only the superficial effect of Yoga. It actually goes in much deep and calms our nerves and soothes our senses. Our rich Indian cultural heritage has passed on invaluable gifts to us in the form of hundreds of both fast paced and gentle Yogasanas.
The word ‘Yoga’ refers to union. Thus by practicing this celebrated art, we can experience unity of thought and action, mind and body, fulfillment and restraint. Yoga is the perfect gateway through which we can experience the functioning of the mechanics of life. Some of the myriad advantages of Yoga are as jotted down below:
Induces relaxation, ushers in flexibility of spine and strengthens the lower back.
Boosts emotional, mental and physical development.
Helps in improving postures, managing stress and sharpens memory.
In the present world where competition is everywhere, yoga helps in reducing stress.
International Yoga day which is celebrated on 21st June was first declared by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi while he was addressing the United Nations General Assembly on 27/9/2014. The curtain raiser of this event was witnessed on 21st June 2015 where 170 countries including Canada, China and USA came ahead to take part.
The event presented to us yoga competitions, yoga training camps and thousands of other activities focused on increasing awareness about the benefits of yoga among common masses.
Pranayama a very simple form of yoga which usually precedes other asans teaches us to perform miracles to our body by simply controlling our breathing pattern. Some of the most popular yoga forms include Tadasana, Marjariasana, Uttanasana, Naukasana, Halasana, Matsyasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Vrikshasana, Ushtrasana, Ardhachandrasana, Gomukhasana and Trikonasana to name a few.
So what are your plans on this 21st of June? Share with us at www.evetuslife.com. Till then keep healthy and keep exercising.
From giving us the first piggyback ride to teaching us how to ride a bicycle, he has always been there by our side whenever we needed them. Even when he is under extreme work pressure, he never forgets to smile at us and take us out for movies on weekends. He is the person all boys idolize and all girls want their life partners to be like. He is the Shaktimaan of our life, he is our Father!
Repaying back his efforts is something which we can’t even dare to complete in one lifetime. But we can do something to make his eyes light up on the occasion of Father Day. With only a few days left for 18th June, have you planned how will you surprise your old fella?
You surely don’t need to splurge all your savings for buying the most extravagant gift. The fact that you will be make an effort in doing something is enough to make him teary eyed. From his favorite audio cd’s to a pin striped t-shirt - the choices are endless when you visit a gift store. And in case you have some extra creative cells in your body then you can go ahead and draw him a postcard or even make a wall hanging with his childhood pictures.
However, no one can deny that the best gift is ensuring his medical well-being. For that, you can register him with us at www.eventuslife.com where you will get hordes of services like booking appointments with doctors and getting medicines delivered to your house. May this never happen but imagine a situation when your father suddenly experiences chest pain at the dead of night. Surely doesn’t paint a very pretty picture right? But with www.eventuslife.com by your side, you don’t need to worry as we can instantly provide you with a list of doctors near your locality and chemist shops which have home delivery facilities. So something to think about that’ll last beyond a day - a gift of health and wellness always!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!